Just my thoughts on this. A donor vehicle might be the better choice as you would have all of the wiring and brackets to aid in the conversion. I would seek out some of your local LS builder for the build of the wiring harness. Here locally I have access to a Tuner that builds harnesses, he will custom build you a harness for your needs for $400.00. The first series (2000 - 2005 or so) LS trucks are becoming cheaper most had the 5.3L. I have seen pickups and Tahoe's selling locally for under $2000.00. It all comes down to how much work you are wanting to put into the project. Barnfind49 would be a great resource on this topic.


~ Craig
1958 Viking 4400
"The Book of Thor"
Read the story in the DITY
1960 Chevrolet C10
"A Family Heirloom"
Follow the story in the DITY Gallery
'59 Apache 31, 327 V8 (0.030 over), Muncie M20 4 Speed, GM 10 Bolt Rear... long term project (30 years and counting)

If you don't like driving yourTruck, you won't drive yourTruck..| Living life in the SLOW lane