| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (Gray_Ghost, JW51, 55shaker, MickeyP, GMCJammer51, Bills Auto Works, Bill Hanlon, Charles in CA, dt235sd, Gdads51),
104
guests, and
7
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,151 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2019 Posts: 19 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2019 Posts: 19 | I have a 1946 1/2 ton pickup with worn axle splines. This is a 17 spline shaft with significant wear on splines and side gears. I have a 1947 1/2 ton pickup rear end for a donor but the axle shafts are 3/4” longer than the 46. Also the 1947 rear end has a longer driveshaft and different mounting method. Now my question... should I look into getting the axles shortened so I can use them or just keep looking for an exact match donor rear end?
Btw significant wear is defined by me as splines that are worn down to .075 vs .125 | | |
| |
| |