I gave a bit more than that for my truck, but it was complete, the engine ran, but the brakes were shot. It was also a rust bucket, but had a few other things going for it (including a clear title) that made me think that was a fair price (although the seller jumped on my offer right away dang ). But I am in Alaska and there aren't all that many around up here.
If in the Midwest, I'd say that $2000 would be about twice what I'd be willing to pay. You're describing a parts truck, IMO

Last edited by klhansen; 10/04/2019 8:16 PM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.