Several reasons with the primary offender....Barrett Jackson...and the rest.....Back in the day when the hard working blue collar worker couldn't afford a performance car, he did with-out....and thought some day I'll save my $$$ & buy one.....Now years later after he paid his mortgage, got his kid or two through college, and built up a stash....Guess what ? he still can't afford it.....Thanks to the Barrett Jacksons of the world......
Secondly Reality shows....Buy it, fix it in a week, & sell it for a ton....I don't know about you guys, I've never had people waiting in the wings with pockets full of $$$....I can only stand to watch 5 minutes of either auctions & reality shows.... (Its like Alaska 'Off Grid with all the equipment & conveniences' How did they get a D-9 Caterpillar up there, where you can barely walk....Gimme a break)..... Lastly with old trucks mainly pickups..."Yard Art" most car buffs love to have an old truck sitting in the weeds......I for one.....Just eye candy to put a smile on your face every time you look at it.... $2000. is a good starting point....if it were a 55 Chevy car or a 67 Chevelle SS the starting point would be $6000....for the exact described condition......a carcus with no papers....And at $2000. I think it would be an easy flip, if you got buyers remorse..... Lastly.... just about every time you end up spending a little more because you wanted it...& that's OK.....cause you got what you wanted......end rant....