I know, I know. Why talk about it again...? I guess I just cannot accept the present reality.
Today a friend went with me to look at an old Chevy pickup about 25 miles from me. It was a cold call, as there was no sign, or any indication that it was for sale. Found the owner at home - at his shop actually. It was a 49 1/2-ton pickup. (I wish I had taken a picture.) Rough, but mostly complete. Driver's cowl is bent in front of the door, as is frequently seen. Bad rust in lower cowls, inside and out, and floors. Doors sagging. Dents in all fenders. Chrome grille, some dents but not too bad. Stainless outside window trim and stainless inside garnish moldings. No bumpers, no front wheels, no radiator. Interior very rough. All glass cracked or frosted. Hasn't run in nobody knows how long. Has a Serial Number plate, but NO title.
Guess?
-
-
-
-
$2000
And he was dead serious.
I see trucks no better than this one on craigslist almost daily with prices that high and higher. Who actually pays that much for a field/ woods/ fencerow car or truck? I guess I will have to give up...
Last edited by Frank50; 10/05/2019 10:40 AM. Reason: misspelled word