Kevin ,

If you need a new GM NOS grease cup & fitting

( 4 ) are currently available GM NOS on ebay .

Go to ebay & type in the search box...........805579 .

The GM grease cups hardly ever show up on ebay .

I consider them a rare part & very hard to find .

Here's the cup & fitting that's on ebay .

$25.00 & Free shipping .

Anyone that needs a nice new rust free Cup & Fitting.........here's your chance !

PIC

https://i.postimg.cc/Bb41ghjp/grease1.jpg


Here's a GM # 805579 that I purchased years ago .

PIC

https://i.postimg.cc/8PThBCWG/805579-Dist-CUP-GM-NOS-3.jpg

&

https://i.postimg.cc/PfQDxk7R/GM-805579-Cup-and-Fitting.jpg

&

https://i.postimg.cc/7YP2JW8Y/Distributor-Grease-Cup-GM-805579.jpg

&

https://i.postimg.cc/NfP59Gkp/Grease-Cup-1955293-GM-NOS-Old-GM-number-805579.jpg


I see some 5/16 " diameter BAKELITE rods on ebay .

PIC

https://i.postimg.cc/fLVFBK0G/Bakelite-Rod.jpg

I wonder if the bakelite rods on ebay could be modified to be a replacement plug

since the GM plugs are no longer available ?

The original PLUG had a FIBRE backing with a total thickness of 1/8 "

so, the actual thickness of the bakelite was pretty thin .

The plug was like a sandwich glued together .


I have some GM fibre starter washers .

PIC

https://i.postimg.cc/htYHk6bC/Commutator-Fibre-Washers-GM-NOS.jpg


I'd like to come up with an original type plug using a bakelite rod on ebay

and some FIBRE from one of these washers to create a copy of the

original GM sandwich...........any suggestions ?

What kind of glue would one use ?


I'd like for someone to come up with a workable spring replacement .

The original seems to be a pretty strong spring .


Dragsix , Do you know the GM part # of the spacer / cushion ?

Original Photo posted by Dragsix

PIC

https://i.postimg.cc/kMK9CJBk/GM-805579.jpg


George
'54 3600


Last edited by '54 3600; 09/22/2019 8:17 AM. Reason: add

1954 3600
A big help to many on the Bolt
Now cruising in
The Passing Lane