| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,209 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 24 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2019 Posts: 24 | Update: I got a few hours today to fiddle with this. I tried a modified version of HRLs idea. Since the axle is out of the truck I picked up one end with a set of forks, placed 2x4s under the rim and let the whole rest of the assembly hang while trying heating, beating, cursing, and PB Blaster. Not a hint of movement but I did bend the hell out of a chunk of 6" channel I was using to receive the hammer blows.
So, frustrated, I set the whole setup down again and while walking around it found that the other rim had started to come off.....few well placed blows and off it popped.
This turn of events of course renewed my interest in the side I had been fighting so I thought I'd try the loose lug drive thing....chained the axle to the bucket of my tractor by one of the spring perch holes and took it for a tour in the field on my property. Got some pretty funking looking "crop circles" in my field now but no loose rim. Before I gave up for the night I wire wheeled the hub/rim meeting point and resoaked in PB...….maybe tomorrow.
I do thank you all for the ideas, I may not be smacking the hub center hard enough yet I don't know.....worst case what is the more desirable part involved? Rim or hub.....I'm leaning toward destroying the rim if need be, I'm won't be using either so whichever is more useful for the masses it what I will try to save.
Chris
Too many to work on 4 bolts, 2 square bodies, 4 GMT400s...and those are the keepers
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Stuck parts, need advice
| BigBlockMan | 08/29/2019 6:40 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Eureka Jim | 08/29/2019 6:58 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| MiraclePieCo | 08/29/2019 8:19 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Grigg | 08/29/2019 11:56 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| sweepleader | 08/29/2019 11:02 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Hotrod Lincoln | 08/29/2019 2:12 PM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| lightningtruck | 08/29/2019 5:10 PM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| BigBlockMan | 08/29/2019 11:40 PM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Shacklett | 08/30/2019 4:56 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| MiraclePieCo | 08/30/2019 5:57 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| glenns towing | 08/30/2019 10:06 PM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Rich'sToys | 08/31/2019 4:07 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| BigBlockMan | 08/31/2019 4:28 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Hotrod Lincoln | 08/31/2019 2:13 PM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Huckleberry | 09/01/2019 1:58 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| BigBlockMan | 09/03/2019 3:02 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| BigBlockMan | 09/05/2019 5:09 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Hotrod Lincoln | 09/05/2019 10:03 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Rich'sToys | 09/06/2019 3:43 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| Shacklett | 12/06/2019 10:20 AM |
Re: Stuck parts, need advice
| 1Ton_tommy | 12/06/2019 9:30 PM | |
| |
| |