I have used a large bar as a hammer, endwise to remove stuck wheels. I hold the 1" round bar (5 feet long) in both hands while lying on my back under the truck. I move the bar back about a foot or two and ram it endwise into the strongest part of the wheel I can access from the backside of the wheel. I have never had one withstand this kind of a hit more than twice and find it much easier to control the bar than a hammer. Less chance of damaging the wheel of other parts.

The bar can be guided to the bottom of the bead area, much stronger than the outer edge of the wheel that a hammer often dents. For a front wheel I would try for the bottom so as not to shock load the steering linkage or box.

Beware of things that might bite exposed knuckles.

Leave a couple nuts on the end of the studs a few threads to contain the wheel when it pops free.


Mac :{)

1962 K10 short step side, much modified for rally
1969 T50 fire truck, almost nos, needs a few things