Revisiting my 1948 3/4-ton 3600 after stalling 10+ years ago. Here's where I'm at as of today.
1. Replaced the stock front axle with a 59 Chevy to be able to use tapered roller bearings. Since then a company now offers a kit to do this for the 48. Oh well. The 59 axle is wider than the 48 so it gives the truck a better looking stance in my opinion. 2. The bearing swap allowed for an off the shelf front disc brake set up 3. Tilt for ward cab front from US Body 4. Tilt telescope steering column 5. Stretched the cab 8 inches (no small job as it turned out) 6. Under floor brake booster 7. Cadillac electric buckets 8. New door hinges 9. Many cab rust repair panels 10. Disc brakes on the stock full floating rear end. 11. E brake kit 12. I machined some Ford F-150 alum rims to fit the rear axle 8 x 6.5 hubs and the 6 lug fronts. Not a good idea to not have uniform wheels but, that's what I did 10 years ago! 13. Classic air heater/air conditioner 14. 58 Corvette 327 engine with lump port heads. 15. 700R transmission 16. Air bags for ride control 17. Modern shocks 18. Power steering 19. Smooth fire wall
I'm getting ready to put the cab back on the frame in a week or so. I'll upload some photo's then.