| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
4 members (Tiny, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
111
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,476 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 62 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2018 Posts: 62 | Thanks 3B for the info - and I agree something looks just plain wrong. I am currently trying to source correct shoes so I can figure out what is really wrong. Can you clarify what the number 109 means? Is that the tail end of a larger Chevy part number?
I do know that the wheel cylinders are not original - but I believe they follow the substitution of 5453989 for the original 5454387 in some applications. The original wheel cylinder (5454387) had a 7/8" diameter. The substitution is larger - most likely 1 1/8". I would think the activating pins stay on the centerline of the cylinder, so doubt that would cause the upward angle?
Right now I am trying to find replacements for the 5454387 (7/8") without much luck - would be nice to find something modern that would work but I just can't seem to find the technical info that would let me know they are 7/8". | | | |
Entire Thread
|
1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 06/12/2019 3:02 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| EdPruss | 06/12/2019 11:46 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| truckernix | 06/13/2019 2:02 AM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| 3B | 06/14/2019 3:35 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 06/14/2019 3:54 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 06/14/2019 4:56 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 06/14/2019 5:03 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 06/14/2019 6:04 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| 3B | 06/14/2019 8:12 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 06/20/2019 9:25 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| stouchton | 10/16/2019 5:40 PM |
Re: 1954 4100 front brake issue, questions
| 3B | 10/16/2019 11:29 PM | |
| |
| |