| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,338 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2019 Posts: 122 | Hi. I followed the tech tip about the door locks and I have the "servicing Chevrolet Truck Cabs" booklet but I'm still having an issue with the door.
I took the door latch out and sprayed it all down with carb cleaner. Then let it dry and sprayed in all down with wd40. I tested the latch with the lock and the handle (not installed) and everything seemed to work fine. I reinstalled the latch and put everything back together. I have one issue that I think is an outside door handle problem. Sometimes the outside door handle won't move the latch mechanism and will continue to turn (it can go 360 degrees). Do I have something stripped inside the door handle?
The other question: Is the inside remote and handle supposed to spring back to closed position? I have to turn the inside handle down so the door will close properly, otherwise the latch remains open. The remote is not hanging up on anything and the door spring on the latch is intact. Is my latch spent or is that how the inside door latch is supposed to work (the remote is brand new).
Thanks.
1951 Chevy 3100 1/2 ton (1957 235, 4 speed, 411 rear) | | |
| |
| |