Thanks so much for the photo. Now at least I know what it should look like. Part of my problem is that according to the information I have my truck should be rated at 7700 GVW, although it's a bit confusing. The 8800 rating is for duals with overload springs, and while mine has the overload springs it is SRW, not dual.
I really don't know if the service station I will take the truck to for safety inspection would know what the correct tag should look like, and since I have a valid title for the truck in the state I live in I don't know if the license bureau will even need to look at the truck itself, or just the paperwork I bring in.
Tim
I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur (
https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.
Tim