Could someone post a photo of the I D plate for a 1953 one ton? The one that is on the door jamb. I have a replacement that I purchased, but it doesn't look quite right to me. Is there a difference between the 52 and 53 plates? Just wanting things to look right, I've owned the truck for 40 years and have a good title, so I'm not worried about registration.
Tim
I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur (
https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.
Tim