Like many of us, I was attracted to the Stovebolt website because of the wealth and generosity of information freely given to help me with my truck(s). Like many of us, I did not know what to expect when I went to my first Homecoming many years ago. On a thread in the ODSS section, the guys were bantering back and forth about this and that and I wasn't so sure that this would be my cup of tea. I finally sent John M. a PM and he replied with something like, "it's just a bunch of guys that like to work on trucks and have a few cool ones in the process. Come join us, you'll have a good time."
It was at that first Homecoming weekend that I understood the generosity I experienced on the website started from the generosity of John and Peggy. It was quit evident the beautiful nature of this couple had attracted like-minded people to this event as well. At every Homecoming since then (I did miss one), I've met and worked with just a great bunch of people all willing to freely share their knowledge and time.
The location may have changed, but the spirit of Homecoming is as strong as ever. It's a wonderful experience to see friends I met years ago that have traveled a good distance to experience Homecoming - Alvin, Jay, Tim, John, Don, and others. It's equally wonderful to meet ones that are attending their first Homecoming - traveling from MI and PA.
Guess I've said enough, except to express my gratitude to the Mullen's for opening their doors for us. This is just another expression of the generosity the flows through the Stovebolt family. Thanks to ALL who have given to make this event possible.


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter