| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
11 members (Bill Hanlon, Charles in CA, dt235sd, JW51, GMCJammer51, MickeyP, Gdads51, 55shaker, D B Cooper, Southerntruck, 1 invisible),
140
guests, and
6
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,151 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 444 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 444 | Frank ,
My above statements were not directed at you .
The chinese are great pretenders at making parts that seem to look like our old
parts on the outside . They are usually out of spec & are made from melted down
cat food cans that get shipped to them from the USA .
Seems to me the new breed of so called restorers prefer these cheap chinese parts .
The key word is cheap.....cheap.....cheap . As long as it's cheap .
Nobody ever said , restoring an old truck is cheap
I'd burn my truck down before I'd ever put a made in china part on it .
That's because I'm old school .
There are only ( 3 ) parts I couldn't find for my 1954 3600 .
An NOS Crankshaft not that the old one was bad. I just wanted to go back to
original spec on the crank . I can live with 10 under .
I couldn't find a nos small journal forged steel camshaft . I just live with the regrind .
A nos drivers side front fender has always eluded me. I've found the other three fenders nos .
My drivers side front fender now looks fantastic after two days with with a dolly & various hammers
and endless hours of sanding , bondo , more sanding , etc., etc.
In a very short period of time they will all be driving chinamobile's .
Makes me laugh but sad at the same time .
The hobby is going cockeyed IMO .
George '54 3600
| | |
| |
| |