There comes a time when a person has to admit they are in over their head, “I just have no clue how to perform what you described “ and seek the help of a qualified mechanic face to face. You say the manual is “wrong”. The point is, you are wrong and working beyond your capabilities. You posted that you had a friend that could come over and help. For your sake I hope your friend is a serious mechanic with a skill set that will help you get your truck on the road again. This post is not meant to belittle your past attempts at doing the job because I know you really tried hard. But you must understand how frustrating all this is for the guys on here that know what they are doing and are legitimately trying to help you out. It’s time to let this thread rest until you come back with an update on what it took to fix the problem. Good luck.🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)