Well now I'm a little better educated.
There were both 366T and 427T motors, which have the taller deck, and thicker cylinder walls. The difference is in the deck height, and those motors do require a wider intake manifold.
The rod length is the same, but push rods need to be longer. The guy who wrote the book I'm reading suggests the tall blocks are a good choice for a high performance motor.
Since you are using a 454 block with a 366 crank, either set of rods should work, and with the 454 pistons the short block should be workable. The 366 heads should work, but you'll have trouble with the 366 intake. It won't work on this motor. And you'll want short deck push rods. And the 366 distributor will be the wrong one too.
So I guess to respond to your original question, you're talking about putting heads designed for a 366 on a motor closer to 450 cubic inches. Top end may be limited by the flow those heads will support. The 366 manifold will need to be replaced with a short-deck intake.
Sorry my words are more encouraging.