Repair or replace is a call only you can make. But if it is extensive replacement, before you cut anything, fit doors and brace. brace. brace. Once you start removing the outer skins, and see the rotted out inner pieces, your support is going to be gone. Get it up high on a stand or stack of pallets. Welding on your back gets old. MP&C is one of the best resources you can find. He is amazing. Kinda like watching Van Gogh paint. Be prepared to spend way more on patch panels that are thinner and are not perfect out of the box fits.
I had to replace kick panels, outer cowl on the drivers side, and lower cab corners. I have the kick panels in. One word of caution on the repop panels, My interior kick panels rotted where they are welded to the curved bracing. Just before I was going to cut out and fit the replacement, I noticed the ribs of the original had a flat bottom on the groove. The replacements were V shaped. Fortunately I had a donor cab to rob from. Made quadruple the work, but I guess it was worth it. 99.9% of people would never notice, but it would bother me.
I would also suggest having your cab sandblasted. It really will help your process along and may expose more rust than you knew was there. It did on mine. Hit it with some epoxy primer after blasting and you will have a good foundation to work with.
Last edited by aggie jon; 02/08/2019 5:29 PM.