I think I'll stick with the cab that I have. It's a 5 window, and the upper half & firewall are not too bad. I sort of enjoy the metalwork, although I don't have a ton of experience in it. I do have a decent MIG welder, and a flanging tool, along with most any other tools I'll need. I am retired and work in my shop nearly every day anyhow. I was just struggling a little on where & how to start. I do have a shop manual, and an assembly manual. I also have a friend about 5 miles down the road who has a couple AD trucks that I can get measurements from. I'm not the greatest welder in town, but I figure that I probably will be by the time I'm finished with this project. Thanks all.


Mike Burns
1940 Chev 1/2 ton
1953 Chev 1/2 ton
1950 Studebaker Starlight Coupe
1947 Indian Chief
1943 Indian 741