The bed measures 48-1/2" on the inside, which is the same as the 41-46 manual states. I know the bed looks almost hopeless in the pics, but I'm thinking to fix it. Front panel is beat up, but I'm going to straighten it out. Tailgate need some attention too, but think I'll go with it and do the same. After giving it the once/twice look-over, there are really only two areas needing replacement: all of the stake pockets (which I can get from J. Carter and modify to fit, I think) and the roll on the bed sides and front panel. I read you used 1-3/4 rolled steel on yours, so that's what I'm thinking to use now. There are some other areas, but they are all flat, so cut and paste.
The goal is for the truck to be a reliable driver and look decent - - no intentions to be a show truck. My hope is to eventually slide that Avion camper on it that you see in the background in a couple of the pics.
Thanks for your encouragement and the wealth of information in your build thread.
Guess you know what I'll be doing...
~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it
in the DITY Gallery1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~
moved on to fellow Bolter