| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (wilbur53, KEVINSKI, Wayne67vert, Lostbuthaulinass, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, Peggy M, tclederman, 1 invisible),
104
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,478 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Well I was really surprised I sprayed the inside of the wheels with 23hour old mix and it came out fine, acted just like freshly mixed paint. I mounted up the tires here at home Friday afternoon, and all went well not even a scratch on the two-day-old paint. I used good old duct tape as my buffer on the tools and hold down.
Ok, so now that I’ve sprayed some Delstar® DAR I can see how the PPG single stage catalyzed enamel works. I’ve also used some PPG, CPC (Commercial Performance Coatings) enamel which does not use a catalyst and had good results with it similar to the DAR. The CPC was what was sent as a “perfect match” for the original Mariner Blue by one of the vendors. The DAR does seem to have more of a wet look to it than the CPC.
I have also used some Deltron® DBU/DIU two stage Base coat, Clear coat, for the interior but what’s the difference between that and the Deltron® DBC/DBI, they look like they are for the same type of application and are the same type of systems, both are BC/CC. Their description of the two systems is almost identical, word for word. Where would one be used over the other???
Has anyone been to any of the PPG seminars or classes and did they explain exactly how to determine which system to choose and why??? The bulletins are very sketchy and really leave you hanging, I wonder if they do that on purpose, they couldn’t be oblivious to the fact that their bulletins are extremely vague and non-informative. I would think that someone at PPG would understand the basic fact that if they explained the application of the product better that they would sell more of it.
Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | |
Entire Thread
|
Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Denny Graham | 10/03/2007 8:02 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| guthriesmith | 10/03/2007 8:36 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Ghostrider | 10/03/2007 8:44 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Denny Graham | 10/03/2007 10:39 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| tclederman | 10/03/2007 10:49 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| 4ontheFloor | 10/03/2007 11:04 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Denny Graham | 10/04/2007 2:59 AM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Denny Graham | 10/04/2007 3:01 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Weeds | 10/06/2007 10:12 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Denny Graham | 10/07/2007 1:13 AM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| sevt_chevelle | 10/08/2007 4:55 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| Denny Graham | 10/08/2007 8:03 PM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| BIG CHEVY 3600 | 10/09/2007 3:55 AM |
Re: Fresh Delstar®, time into service???
| sevt_chevelle | 10/09/2007 9:31 PM | |
| |
| |