| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,683 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 | I have a '50 COE that came from the previous owner with a '58 235. I have retained a 6 volt system and I believe the distributor is the proper one for the engine. I don't know what internals you would change anyway, except for the condensor. Another factor to consider is the issue of earlier distributors having a hardened gear that would wear the matching gear of the later engines with cast cam shaft. Thus, one would argue against putting the 6 volt distributor in your later 235.
Kent | | |
| |
| |