Hi, I am working on my 57 TF. When removing the doors I found that three out of four of the welded (or bracketed) nuts that the hinge bolts thread into are no longer in place. Looking in parts catalogs I see a hinge pillar repair part, but it appears to be available for the lower hinge on each side only - no part is called out for the upper hinge that I can find. I assume what is missing in back of the hinge pillar is a square nut, held in place by a bracket which allows the nut some movement while the door is aligned. I am wondering whether I can cut the hinge pocket section out, weld a new bracket with floating nut in place, then weld the hinge pillar section I cut out back in place. The only other option I can see is buying a new hinge pillar for each side, cutting out the hinge pocket portions I need, then welding them into place, but at around $110 each hinge pillar this seems like a pretty expensive option.
Has anyone out there experienced this issue? Can you recommend a good approach for me? Thanks in advance...
Last edited by 57Pikkupp; 10/03/2018 4:36 AM. Reason: misspelling