| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,494 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2007 Posts: 1,038 | Bob, I think that that angle iron is spot welded to the bed side. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong but the only truck I can examine this minute is my '51 and it is attached that way. You may not be able to detach it. Look for spot welds along the outside of the bed side. Another possibility is that it is some sort of anti-squeak material. I would not try to seal it, you may just trap moisture if not a complete seal. My 51 and my 37 are not sealed in this area.
Kent | | |
| |
| |