Hi Fred
Thanks for the insight - Interesting points you raise. I do have plastic gear and I definitely do not have an OD transmission - It was all working before however, so I will purchase another white gear. I have cleaned up the speedo cable and ratio box, in hopes that they were the cause of the gear failure ( speedo cable was dry, ratio adapter was also quite difficult to spin ) - they are now cleaned up and lubricated and much easier to spin - I also notice there are different colored gears (differing tooth count) available, so I might have another path to correct the speedo if it is still showing about 5-10 mph low - my first thoughts is all the friction in the cable/adapter was causing the low speed reading. I am hoping it will all work now after getting the new gear and then I can determine if I need a driven gear with a different tooth count - got to get it working first

Thanks for your help

Joe


Joe Finkelstine
Born and bred in Motown