HI All
I asked for help a month or so ago for my still non-working speedometer in my 55 series 1 C3100 with 3 speed manual on the tree, and now believe I have found a significant cause. I pulled the driven speedometer gear out of the tranny through the access hole and found 3-4 threads pretty sheared/smashed and obviously not engaging. The original gear was white and plastic ( white color seems to indicate 25 teeth according to what I can see so far). I have looked at my 55 shop manual which just points out the exploded view and does not give me a part number - I also found the speedo cable quite dry and the ratio adapter also had high friction - I re-lubed the cable and also cleaned/re-greased the ratio adapter and the cable and adapter are now much more free to spin. I am guessing the binding in the cable and adapter lead to my driven gear problem. Now my task is to identify the correct plastic driven gear to buy for my truck - I have looked for a while and the closest I can find so far are references for 55-57 chevy cars with manual 3 speeds, which look quite similar, but I would appreciate any help finding a supply for this - I am hoping it is the last link in getting my speedo back and working ( have verified speedo itself is good). I have also found a similar looking gear on Eckler's for a 57 manual 3 speed, but I cant find any cross reference.
Any suggestions or URL's along with part number or other way to find it would be appreciated - Also, if you think I might also want to check something else, please let me know
Thanks,
Joe