The internet is your friend bartamos.

'Parking Brake Lever' is what it is actually called. It bolts (some may clip) to the backside of the trailing brake shoe in the rear brake drum. Kind of a half-moon looking piece, not quite as large as the brake shoe itself. Bolts at the top, has the cable slot at the bottom for the parking brake cable to attach to. Strut bar and spring go across between the two brake shoes. My understanding is with the parking brake cable being pulled, tension is applied by the brake shoes against the drum, (mainly the front shoe if I understand correct).

I have seen them called a Parking Brake Strut Lever also. You can find plenty of them, not uncommon at all, for later model stuff. Finding them for early model trucks like we have, that's a different story.

Ac Delco shows a #179-1224 for early model Chevys, but it ain't gonna fit AD trucks.

WMDischar....I didn't mean to hijack your thread, but I feel your pain. I've searched for about 6 months to no avail for the levers for my 51. Martin is probably correct, junkyard bound I suppose.

Last edited by kades51; 08/20/2018 9:39 PM.

Mike

1951 3100 5 window