Spent a little time this afternoon trying to pull the rear fenders. I looked at the bolts up in there and it looked like 1/2” to me. Grabbed a 7/16 and 9/16 also just in case my calibrated eye was off a bit. 1/2” spun.. 7/16 was too small.. went searching for a 15/32”– too small! Not enough hair to pull any out, what next? Turns out the 12 pt socket slipped but a 6 pt 1/2” was it.

A couple turned and came out part way. One turned but didn’t come out at all. My guess is there must be nuts on the back side? Do I need to open up the inside of the cargo area to get at the nuts?

I recently pulled the fenders off the back of my ‘51 pickup- completely different.


1951 GMC 250 Open Express
1968 C10 Suburban
1971 C20 Pickup

My Dad told me "Son, never hit a man in anger- unless you're certain you can get away with it"