Still a 6 volt starter? Be very careful jump starting with a 12 volt system. You should not leave the 12 volt battery hooked up for any extended time. With 12 volts the starter should spin fast. If it doesn’t you probably have a starter that needs a rebuild. Negative lead to engine block, pos to the pos battery terminal. If you have a 6 volt battery installed only use 12 volts for 15-20 seconds at a time or you may explode the 6 volt battery. Don’t ask me how I know. Wear eye protection.🛠

GMC......Positive ground?

Last edited by Justhorsenround; 08/08/2018 2:41 PM.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)