Thanks, Rugo, that helps. I think I'll try your pad, too. It's not realistic to think that anyone would consider taking out the windlass just to put in a new headliner, but to be honest, I had gotten on here (or somewhere) and thought someone had said to be sure to get the windlass in before putting in the headliner. Guess I got it confused or misread it. At any rate, that thing was a bear to get in (I actually cheated after getting the rear section in and spread the channel on the top and used 3m weatherstrip adhesive, then pushed the front section in with a screwdriver from on side, which was someone else's idea), But thanks everybody for helping out on this. I feel much better about the whole thing, now. And I'll be using your method now that I've read it.


"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235