Showme,
I know this is off the original question. Don't stress about installing the windlace first.Since I didn't know any better, I installed my windlace, prior to installing the dreaded headliner. Perhaps I used an unorthodox method. But, I just slid one end of the front head liner under the windlace. That held it in place at one end. Then pulled the other side down and put the other end of the headliner in it. Then installed the center bow and repeated with the back part of the headliner. With the exception of having to pull the front portion out once to trim the corners that slide into the front pillars. Then cut the holes out for the passenger side sun visor bracket. It really wasn't that bad a job. One of the local restoration body shops recommended this a product found on ebay. If you search for: Deimos_Deals Sound Deadener It is a fraction of the price of the name brand sound deadeners. I used it throughout my 53 3100. It worked very well. Good luck with your restoration project. Hope this helps.
Rugo
Last edited by Rugo; 07/31/2018 3:07 PM.