Don't know if this is the right place for this, but...
Does anyone else have problems with mice/pack rats in their shop?
I have some, and nothing I do seems to be able to get rid of them. I've tried rat traps, but they seem to be able to get the bait with out getting caught. Tried poison bait (years back) which killed them but they crawled into unreachable spaces, died, then stunk up the shop so bad I couldn't stand to be in there. And that bait doesn't seem to be available anymore.
I'm thinking about the electronic noise generators, but they are expensive and I'm not sure how well they work. I do know that sometimes when I'm running grinders (especially 'Dremel) that I've seen rats flee the shop from the sound.
Anybody have suggestions, experiences, advice? I'd really like to get them out.
I live way back in the middle of 2000 acres of woods, and they seem to be everywhere!
Tim
I am currently digging back in to a 1953 3800 (one ton) with a nine foot bed. I've owned it since 1979, and drove it until 1982 (or so). My wife got me involved in restoring it back in 2002, got the body removed and the frame redone, then things came up. Now I am retired and starting again. If anyone is interested I have photos on Imagur (
https://timwhiteblues.imgur.com/ ). I live way back in the woods in the Ozarks on 40 acres at the end of a 2 1/2 mile private road.
Tim