buy the plastic rat bait boxes to keep the cats/dogs/etc out. place them along the wall with the holes that allow them into the station. Make sure they have a trail or a path. but make sure you purchase the bait that contains the active ingredient Methyl Bomodialone. Because I want them to "die alone!". cats are good. a snake is better.
I use my shop to store corn seed about 6 months out of the year. The material is insured from everything except rodent damage. So guess who wages war against mice and rats? This guy. At $350+/bag, i can buy a lot of rat bait.
The sticky glue traps are good for the mice too. especially if you can find their travel ways. skip the mice sized ones and just buy the rat sized ones. pair of pliers will remove most of them and you can reuse them. sprinkle some dog food or peanuts in the middle of the trap. For traps, I have had good luck using peanut butter. Happy hunting!