| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (JW51, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, UtahYork, Rusty Rod, Ponchogl, Lonnie, Southerntruck, Cosmo),
282
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,129 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 486 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2006 Posts: 486 | I would like to paint my 68 a maroon color and I'm trying to avoid metallics because I'll paint a few parts at a time; maybe the bed one weekend, a fender and door the next, etc. I like the vermilion color, paint code 515 and I thought it was a solid paint but I see it listed as vermilion poly. I've had good luck in the past with solid paints but I'm still an amateur and I don't want to attempt any metallics or pearls. Would I be able to paint this color like I described without experiencing tiger stripes or the shade changing from one batch to the next? I painted my 64 a light green (503) in several batches, buying the paint as I needed it, and it all matched really good. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.
'64 swb stepside (gone) '57 1 ton '53 phone truck '59 swb '46 1 1/2 ton '68 swb gmc
| | |
| |
| |