| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,178 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 554 | Like you I painted my truck one piece at a time with a solid color using the base coat clear coat method. No issues. I actually started with the cab interior which is a metallic brown. At first I started with single stage paint and had the kind of results you fear. Started over with base/clear and got a very uniform coat with the metallic paint. I was impressed how easy it was to fix mistakes with the 2 stage method and was glad I went that way with the solid body paint. | | |
| |
| |