FWIW -- Here's a picture of the baffle plate from the inside. This one is in a 261, but it's the same as in the 235/216.

Note that you have to reinstall it *before* the cam goes in or you can't get to it.

Yino18 -- The guys above have way more experience than I do, but having been into my 261 and seen how all of this works from the inside, I think you would be far better off just reinstalling the baffle plate because otherwise, a lot of oil is going to get splashed up the draft tube. I think a lot of us see a little slobbering of oil *with* the baffle plate. Imagine what kind of mess there will be *without* it ...
Attachments
baffle-plate.jpg (117.76 KB, 70 downloads)


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)