yes - unfortunately I have put the oil pan on, but I guess I'll just have to deal with that. It'll set me back a while, and I won't lie - it'll suck, but the most important thing is that I learn how to do it right - and do it right. I doubt the metal piece I have that I don't know what it is (I suspect somewhere around the clutch) is for the baffle then, because it was clearly on the outside of the engine. Thank you, I really need to see what this baffle looks like because I have no idea what it is. Photos would be so much appreciated. I'm not starting this (obviously) until I know this thing is right. I'm so glad I asked this question - and that people are willing to help. If I were to just have listened to the opinions of people with nothing really invested in this, I would have completely screwed it up. Can't wait to see the photo. Thanks


'53 Chevy 3604 Five Window Cab ('56 235)