This morning I painted the fenders and running boards of my 37 1/2 ton (off the truck) with single stage acrylic urethane, black. The paint was laying on nicely, but unfortunately, between coats the weather changed drastically, and to make a long story short, I ended up with several bugs, a fair amount of nibs, and a small area on one of the fenders that looks like "solvent pop" (not sure what happened there, but probably some contaminant on the surface, or some moisture in the line (it got quite humid quite quickly). At any rate, I now have fenders (the running boards are fine) that have a pretty nice paint job on 90% of the surface, but marred by the trash, etc., here and there. My first impulse is to wet sand everything with 600-800 grit and shoot another coat (I have enough paint for probably one more good coat). Is there an alternative to that plan?
Can I try sanding and buffing out the trouble spots, or will that just end up making a bigger mess? I have a set of nib and run files that I can use. If I can sand and buff, how long should I let the paint dry--tech sheet says 16 hours. There are three good coats of black on the fenders.
I've painted a fair amount in my semi-sheltered set-up and have always had a bug or two--but never this much trash here and there.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim