I recently was up at a place picking up some parts on a craigslist, this guy sells lots of 47-55 stuff. A guy was just buying a seat for a pickup and I helped carry out the bottom section. Noticed it had twice as many springs in it as my 53 Chev 3100. He said it was a GMC seat thats why. Apparently the same exterior dimension but the insides are built better.
I just saw a movie documentary on the Korean conflict and there were many CCKW duece and a 1/2s. Showed them travelling down snow ridden trails in minus temperatures. They hadn't made that model since the end of WWII but there it was still working hard for our freedom. Give your buddy and his GMC all the respect it deserves IMHO.
Last edited by sstock; 05/14/2018 2:39 PM.
1953 Chevrolet 3100261 cu inch, sm420, 3.55 rear, torque tube still,omaha orange, still 6 volt, RPO green glass, side carrier spare, all done
In the DITY GalleryVideo of the 261 running1964 GMC 1000305 Big Block V6, sm420, the next cab off restoration