I will give my two cents on this thread since I'm a GMC guy. I think a lot of good statements were mentioned above. I feel from just talking to people at shows and what not that GMC's are actually less desirable as a restoration project. The reason is simply it's easier to find parts for the Chevy trucks than the GMC trucks. However, owning several GMC's myself, you learn to know and meet people and where to find parts. I prefer GMC's because there are just fewer of them. You go to truck shows and you see Chevy AD trucks everywhere, but you have to look somewhat hard to find a GMC , and when you do, you have to go look at it. I think both makes of this style of truck were good trucks in their day and probably the most popular truck today that GM ever made. I do feel the GMC's were built "stronger", but they were also tailored to the farms and ranches and more so as an every day working truck where as Chevy marketed their truck for the more suburban type customer. Today, I don't really think that matters at all just due to how we are using these trucks(as show vehicles). It really comes down to personal preference and what kind of deal you get when purchasing. Some people like the looks of the Chevy grilles better where others like the looks of a GMC grille better. Anyway you look at it, it's great to see both makes at these truck at shows and on the road! Keep building them!!!!!