I will be getting started on cab repairs for our '51 3100 this week but having researched a little here I see a recommendation to leave the cab on the frame to ensure it is square (makes sense) and to install new cab mounts to ensure the cab is properly fixed to the frame. So this is where I have a problem as both front mounts are rotted and in one case totally free of the cab itself.
I will need to replace the floor and mount support on each side but this raises a question as to whether there are now additional steps to ensure the cab is square first? Is there some sequence or step(s) I need to take to make sure the cab is 'correct' prior to installing new floor pieces. I will leave the cab on the frame until the floor/mounts are replaced but this is a wrinkle I hadn't expected.
Is it as easy as ensuring the frame is level, from rail to rail and along each rail, and then ensuring several points within the cab are also level?
Once I have these taken care of I will look at the cowl areas which are in need of work.
I will post some photos this PM once I have better light and maybe start a build thread although there don't seem to be many of those on this site.