Yeah, this hobby brings out the worst in me sometimes. Always an internal war between my internal detail freak and pragmatist. Any given day, you never know which "me" might win.
Have a Rochester B that seems to run OK, but I think it could run a lot better. That led to the purchase of the 2101s, which I got a great deal on. It sat awaiting a rebuild long enough that I had time to reconsider. Dang, I really like the hand choke/throttle and won't have it with that carb. Which sent me a-lookin' for a manual choke YF. Got another (so I thought) good buy on this one and then discovered the throttle body issue.
I SHOULD just wave the white flag and rebuild the 2101s and learn to live with the auto choke. Or better yet, don't fix what ain't broke and put up with the B for now.
But I'm already half way down a new rabbit hole. A familiar feeling.