I recently won an EBay auction for a YF 2100s. That model fits a 235 and has a 2- 15/16 base.

Upon unwrapping, I thought the base looked small. The tape measure confirmed it. Apparently, someone swapped the 2 - 11/16 base onto the carb. I never explicitly asked about base size, because the model # was correct for my application.

Set aside for a moment the issue between me and seller. (He seems reasonable and willing to work with me and I also know that it wasn’t sold to me as a working carb).

IF (capital IF), I decide to make a run at using the top 2/3 of the carb and finding the correct throttle body, I need to know what I’m looking for. A comparison to a 2101s I own, shows a casting number of 788 on the large body and a 630 on the smaller one. I’m not inclined to rob the 2101s base for a couple reasons: 1). Hate to mangle complete carb. 2). The throttle linkage looks altogether different.

The 2100s is a manual choke and the 2101s is auto. Appears to me that the auto choke base has a different linkage to which the choke/throttle connecting rod on the manual carb would not attach.

Will try to attach some pics later. Appreciate any insight in the meantime.


1951 3100