Ronnie, The foot stomp is removed, but it has a push button on the dash as a replacement.
When I got the truck it was already converted to 12v.
Extra wire going from the side terminal on the starter to the coil is it? - I don't know about this wire. The negative of the coil goes to the distributor, the positive side of the coil goes to the key side of the ignition switch.

With the wiring harness change you talked about I'm guessing you've got the generator supplying voltage to the coil. So even after you turn it "off" and unplug the battery, the generator is providing voltage to the coil. - Like you say, somehow it must? Just don't know how?

Get the engine off, disconnect the battery, get out your ohmmeter and check to see if your harness replacement has enabled the generator to supply voltage to the coil. - I am thinking with the engine off, and the ignition off - check for voltage at the coil. With the ignition on, but the engine off - check voltage at the coil. Turn off the ignition and check again. Is there something more you can think of? Thanks.


Wayne S.
Colorado Springs, CO