For me, I have too many issues with the body to leave it with the original paint, besides, some one already beat me to the punch on that one.
The cab and front end is from one truck, and was paint color option 503A Glenwood Green before someone painted it a sort of maroon. except for the right front fender. That was a repair from my daughter's learning to drive. I'm not sure what color it was originally. Someone had used fiberglass to repair the standard rust behind the wheel well and painted it purple. I ripped out the fiberglass, fixed the rust and painted it with primer.
The bed is from another truck with an unknown original color. It is now a faded and cracking white, and needs body work.
I am toying with the idea of going to paint color option 505, Woodland Green in the future.
The picture below is from before my daughter got a hold of it.
There are times when keeping what you have is good, as some of the previous posters have shown, but there are others when a good paint job is required, like mine. Ultimately, it is your decision, it is your truck after all.