Jerry, I took the truck for a joyride today bringing it back out of the field after the photographers were done with it -- I played with the wheel and switch and nothing seemed to happened. I rolled it full one way and then the other and the truck moved fine. And BTW, the truck had been sitting out there all week -- Stomped the starter button today and it fired right up.

Spanky -- The air brakes rock! I got the truck going pretty good in the back field (about 15 MPH) and stood on the pedal -- the truck stopped instantly, I know that's not much of a test, but still... I did do a DOT brake test on it the other day and dang if it doesn't pass! I shut the engine down and stood on the brake pedal and the air gauge didn't budge in 60 seconds. I went to 90 and still no movement. What a cool truck! You need to get up here and play with it with us one of these days!

Burgy -- Thanks for the link. Those old machine companies are fascinating.


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)