grossie73,

Just finished installing an original 800 series Fulton visor on my '49 3100. Took a lot of prep work, sanding, priming, sanding, painting to match the Mariner Blue and color sanding and buffing. Turned out great and I too like the look. I also agree that the visor helps to reduce the radiant heat form the sun through the windshield. Use heavy blankets or packing blankets on the roof and hood and cowl during installation to prevent scratches and dents. It also helps to have a few extra hands during the install too help center the visor and start the nuts, screws and brackets. Installed mine by myself, but I'm sure it took me at least twice the time.

Tim


"Pay attention to the details! It ALWAYS pays off."

1949 Chevrolet 3100 Series 1/2 ton Pickup
1964 Chevrolet C10 (Ol' Yella) (SOLD)
1958 Chevrolet Biscayne 2 door (SOLD)
1970 VW Beetle