Hi all,
I have Grandpa's old original 1950 3600 Chevy pickup. I am wondering if I dare install an exterior sun visor on it?
In doing some reading online, it would appear a Fulton 807 would fit the bill. But in corresponding with Loupeestuff Classic Car Parts, I was told the Fulton 807 is for solid windshields only and not splits such as the one I have. I've read that Pekats are the best but very very rare. I don't know much about the Dieterichs.
Is there anything I should consider about sun visors? (1) Do they make a significant impact in keeping the cab cooler? (2) Can the process of bolting it to the cab result in any leaking down the road? I'm really leery of having some guy drill holes into this truck and make a mistake. (3) My truck has the original 1950 Forester Green paint and if I cannot find a visor that color I imagine I'd need to be confident in future plans to repaint the entire truck.
These are very expensive and is there anything I need to watch out for when buying one online?
Any other thoughts/comments would be appreciated.
Last edited by grossie73; 11/13/2017 5:40 PM.