Originally Posted by Mike B
Here's your VIN number breakdown.

S6926F149507

S = School Bus Chassis
6 = 2 ton
9 = 261" wb
2 = School Bus/Flat Face Cowl
6 = Year (1966)
F = Flint
149507 = Unit number

For engine tune up parts, any 1966 Chevy 327 parts (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, condenser and points) will fit, they are all the same.

Looks like a GM 15,000# rear which was standard issue for the 21,000 gvw bus.

The SM-420 4-speed was standard issue transmission with a 13" clutch, but you could have a New Process 4-speed as well as Clark and Spicer 5-speeds or the Powermatic (Allison Automatic).

Mike B smile

Oh wow. Thank you so much Mike. I can ask for specific pics of shifter if that'll help with the tranny identification. Not sure if that really matters though at this point since I'm just trying to get it running and stopping right now.

Does this info help at all when trying to determine what size brakes and what braking system it has? That is what I'm having a hard time finding parts for.

Last edited by Joiner Transit; 11/07/2017 5:01 AM.