Hi guys!

The Blue Funk (see my signature) became difficult to start and was running rough. I checked the fire to the plugs with a tester and found no fire getting to #3 and #5 cylinders. I put on a new cap and leads. No change. Put on a new rotor. No change, except #3 lit the testor constantly, in that the tester did not spark like the other cylinders, it glowed constantly.

I noticed when I pushed on the side of the dizzy near #3 lead placement, I got intermittent fire on #5 cylinder, flashing or sparking like cylinders 1, 2, 4, and 6.

The Blue Funk was running fine after a recent tune up with new points, condenser and plugs, until it became difficult to start and began running rough.

What gives?

Thanks!


Last edited by Davey Do; 10/17/2017 5:09 PM. Reason: pushing in the area of #3 lead placement and not #5 as previously stated got fire on #5

Dave
The Blue Funk: a '51 3100 4 OTF with a '57 235
In the Gallery
More pix on Photobucket